Information We Collect
- When you use the Service you provide us with two types of information: (i) information you submit via the Service and (ii) information regarding your use of the Service collected by us as you interact with the Service.
- Through the registration process you may provide us with your name, email address, hometown, and other information that may be requested during the registration process. When you use the Service you may submit information and content to your profile, generate Activity Data through engaging in educational activities on the Service, or send messages and otherwise transmit information to other users. We store this information so that we can provide you the Service and offer personalized features.
Use of Information Obtained by 1K Network
- We may use your contact information to send you notifications regarding new services offered by 1K Network and its partners that we think you may find valuable. 1K Network may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails, although 1K Network reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
- Profile information is used by 1K Network primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the Service and to be presented to other users. In some cases, other users may be able to supplement your profile, including by submitting comments.
- 1K Network may use aggregate or anonymous data collected through the Service, including Activity Data, for any purpose. This data may be used by 1K Network and shared with third parties in any manner.
Sharing Your Personally-Identifiable Information with Third Parties
- 1K Network shares your personally-identifiable information only in limited circumstances where 1K Network believes such sharing is reasonably necessary to offer the Service, legally required or, permitted by you.
- For example:
- We may provide personally-identifiable information to service providers who help us bring you the Service, such as hosting the Service at a co-location facility or sending email updates. In connection with these operations, our service providers may have access to personally-identifiable information for use for a limited time. Where we utilize service providers for the processing of any of personally-identifiable information, we implement reasonable contractual protections limiting the use of that personally-identifiable information to the provision of services to 1K Network.
- Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we may work with partners who use mobile SDKs, including the OneSignal Messaging SDK, to passively collect information (collectively, “SDK Information”), which generally helps us deliver personalized notifications. This data may also be used to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers for the purposes of customizing ads or content. Depending on the permissions granted to this application, this information may include personally identifiable information (PII) including your e-mail address. This information may also include precise location (i.e. GPS-level data) or WiFi information, apps you have installed and enabled, and your mobile identifier (e.g., Android Advertising ID).
Consumer Control & Opt-Out Options
- Opting-out of OneSignal Push Notifications - You may in most cases opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications,” and then changing those settings for some or all of the apps on your device. (Different device configurations, or updates to devices, may affect or change how these settings work.)
- Opting Out of “Cross-App” Advertising on Mobile Devices - You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of interest-based (also called “cross-app”) mobile behavioral advertising, by accessing the “settings” on your Apple or Android mobile device, as follows: By opening the Google Settings app on your device, selecting Ads, and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads. (Different device configurations, or updates to devices, may affect or change how these settings work.)
- We may be required to disclose personally-identifiable information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other personally-identifiable information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the 1K Network name, or to prevent imminent harm. This may include sharing personally-identifiable information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- If the ownership of all or substantially all of the 1K Network business, or individual business units or assets owned by 1K Network that are related to the Service, were to change, your personally-identifiable information may be transferred to the new owner. In any such transfer of information, your personally-identifiable information would remain subject to this section.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of data including accidental or intentional manipulation, loss from access by unauthorised parties. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All Information gathered on the 1K Kirana App is securely stored within the controlled database. Access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited.
- Our security measures are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect technological developments. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal information is kept secure, however, please understand that no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% (one hundred percent) secure.
- We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the applicable data protection laws to ensure the protection and preservation of the User’s privacy and personal Information. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in specific jurisdiction to protect User’s Personal Information. By accepting the terms of this Policy, you agree that the standards and practices being implemented by us, are reasonable and sufficient for the protection of your personal information.
- We will contact you regarding any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information to you via email or any other feasible manner in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and will undertake all measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
- The necessary security practices and procedures are in place and ensure that well documented, reasonable security practices and procedures are implemented and enforced at all times in compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices & Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, as amended from time to time.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM
- Any complaints or request or concerns with regards to use, processing or disclosure of information provided by you or breach of these terms may be taken up with the designated grievance redressal officer as mentioned below via post or by sending an email to email@example.com
- Grievance Redressal Officer: Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to content and or comment or breach of these terms shall be immediately informed to the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned below via in writing or through email signed with the electronic signature to.
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
a. Identification of the information provided by you.
b. Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information.
c. Your address, telephone number or e-mail address.
d. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be.
e. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
The Company may reach out to you to confirm or discuss certain details about your complaint and issues raised.
The Company shall not be responsible for any communication, if addressed, to any non-designated person in this regard.